Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

Hello, old friend

I haven't written a blog entry in over a month but it isn't because I have abandoned my intention to do so. Some days it feels like the blog is a friend who I can only see occasionally. I store up things to tell it. And there's lots to tell. Let's start now and work backwards over the next few days.

Today I have been thinking about how much I enjoy problem solving and how wonderful it is to have the resources at hand to make the solutions possible. In the last hour I have:

Used three circular templates to draw circles on fabric so that I could cut out perfect pieces. I have a whole set of the templates - I don't know why I bought them in the first place but they came in handy today.

Used a cute little wheel to add an extra 1/2 inch to the circumference of one circle. Ditto on not knowing why I bought it.

Found some fantastic wide basting tape that made construction much easier. I use basting tape to make zipper installation easier. I'm not sure why I bought the wider variety.

Pulled silk chiffon and black tulle from a random bag of sheers. They created exactly the effects I wanted.

Used a lot of Mistyfuse to stick layers of sheers together. I bought a large supply of Mistyfuse a couple of years ago but had never dipped into it. I had gotten by until now on the amounts that come in small envelopes.

It is not a stash - it is a resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment