Pages

Friday, January 1, 2016

In my dreams

George and I are talking about building a home - a place that fits the way we live and which will allow us to stay at home as long as we can as we age. There will be a small central core - big enough for a great room and kitchen and a bedroom/bath. The rest of the house will be set up to accommodate our interests. There will be a large 'clean' wing for his office and studio and storage space for me, and a 'dirty' wing for our metal workshop, bike repair and storage. Somewhere in there we'll fit in a space which will triple as bike wash, dog wash and dyeing space for me. And we will build in an apartment for a dog, and then person, caretaker.

We are still in the "I wish" stages - before we find out how much our dreams will cost. Today I decided that I want enough space so I can leave photography gear set up. It is such a pain to get out the lights and the tripod and get everything lined up and level just to take one or two pictures. My dreams might never come true, though, so I am determined to keep hauling everything out over and over again on the theory that repetition and practice will reduce the time involved and improve the quality of the final photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment