Friday, October 24, 2014


As soon as the creative brain fog began to dissipate I played with my fabric and paint. I used a Gelli plate, Pebeo Setacolor paint (both opaque and transparent) and four kinds of fabric. I selected three ugly fabrics from my stash and also used white PFD. In all, I made about thirty pieces. Some I only printed once but others were composed of four and five layers.

Here are a few of my favorites.

I brought them as my contribution to show and tell at yesterday's FAB meeting. Someone suggested that I should make a small piece out of them. That was already on my mind and by this morning my ideas had gelled. I have laid out something I call 'The Fog is Lifting' and sampled my construction techniques. I hope to get it put together this weekend.

This is a fast turnaround for me. I don't know whether cancer has changed my world view (especially the value I place on time) or whether the idea is just so right that it had to be done. Perhaps I am just bored. The good news is that the piece I have designed is derived from my 'why', not just the 'what' that I happen to have a pile of monoprinted fabric on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment