Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Richard McVetis

I have written before about textileartist.org. It supplies a continuing flow of inspiring images and text to my inbox. Yesterday I learned more about Richard McVetis.


50:29 by Richard McVetis


The original TextileArtist piece is here. I love what I see - simple repetitive imagery, neutral colours, perhaps a tendency to the obsessive.

In the interview he is quoted as saying "..... each work of art is created into modular sections. They can then be reorganized and reused to create new works."

That is a thought that has been rumbling around in my head but I haven't taken concrete steps to make it happen. Perhaps now is the time. I want to bring a small stitching project with me to a retreat next weekend. My current plans are to dig out some light moss green embroidery floss and a pseudo-linen loose weave fabric sent to me years ago by an art quilter I met on the internet.

I won't copy McVetis but I will use his ideas as a jumping off point.






No comments:

Post a Comment