Pages

Friday, November 7, 2014

I have seen the future and it is now

This blog doesn't exist to report on every detail of my life and health. But I have made a number of references to my cancer diagnosis, surgery and recovery. So I'd like to address my status so we can all move on. This phrase describes how I am feeling: I have seen the future and it is now. I said that when I met with my surgeon this morning and I think he was a little puzzled. What it means to me is this. My surgery was a success, my new bladder works better every day and the pathology shows no remaining cancer. I feel today like I expected to feel in eight to twelve months. I am back to normal activities and next week I will return to teaching indoor cycling classes.

I am amazed that it is only five months since my diagnosis and just nine weeks since the surgery. So much has happened that it seems that much more time must have elapsed. And now that I am on the other side it feels like I have found a way to time travel- thus the future is now.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment