Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Making a new normal

After reading my post yesterday a friend sent me a quote.

The future is not some place we are going, but one we are creating. The paths are not to be found, but made. And the activity of making them changes both the maker and their destination. 

John Schaar

I haven't talked with her for some time so I found that very spooky. I definitely feel these days like I am actively creating my future, not just waiting for it to happen. I think I have always done that to a certain extent but recently it has seemed more deliberate on my part. 

My yoga experiment is definitely a part of the process. I am noticing desirable changes after the first month of three classes per week. Imbalances in my body are disappearing, I am stronger and, best of all, I can sleep. More than that I have to sleep. I can't remember being unable to keep my eyes open since I was three years old. But last night it happened. I couldn't stay awake and had to go to bed at 8:30. I fell asleep promptly and drifted off quickly each time I was awakened.

There are other ways in which I am trying to create my future. I hope to document them here soon. In the meantime, here's some eye candy. At the SAQA retreat I was introduced to the work of Mr. Finch. He uses found and recycled materials to create animals, insects, plants and fungi.






No comments:

Post a Comment