Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Holiday eating




Continuing with the good medicine theme, today is brought to you by grilled steak, a garden salad with all ingredients from TapRoot Farms and garlic bread. I can't remember where I first saw the formula (no longer a recipe I follow) for my garlic bread. It was probably Cooks Illustrated. This is a similar recipe. Don't worry about amounts. No one will complain if you use too much garlic or butter or cheese.

Dessert was a raspberry pie. I used this recipe (halved to make just one). It was very easy and quite good. It is definitely a formula I will remember because it would work equally well with othe berries and soft fruits like plums and peaches.

We washed it all down with Bon Bon from Petite Rivière Vineyards. It is was an unorthodox choice but fit the mood on a very sunny and warm holiday weekend.

If food isn't your thing, thanks to Kathy Loomis, here's another embroidery based music video. Still with embroidery, Sandy Donabed pointed me to an article on Peruvian artist Ana Teresa Barboza. I am increasingly fascinated by the potential of 'just' stitch but confess that I am too lazy to pursue it. Too many hours are required before you can see whether your ideas have come to fruition.


No comments:

Post a Comment