Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

When I grow up

My favorite piece of email each day comes from TextileArtist.org. Each post contains a profile of a textile artist or information of interest to artists in any medium. For example, they recently posted a very good piece on how artists can improve their websites. When I read the artist profiles I enjoy playing "When I grow up I want to be like her/him." Here are a few of my favourite "wanna-bes" from the last few months.

Heather Pickwell


Bethany Walker



I can trace my cat series directly from the impact of Pate Conaway's "This is not a life preserver" series. And I think my ideas about how to distort the cats have been influenced by my reaction to the many textile artists who are now working in three dimensions.

I urge you to sign up for a free subscription to the newsletter even if you have no special interest in textile art. You will receive some wonderful, and sometimes thought-provoking, eye candy and no annoying extraneous junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment