Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Amazing performance of dance and technology

I spent the best part of the morning drafting a layout for the mitochondrion piece. I need to find the correct balance for the various elements. It is possible that I have made things too complicated. Now is the time to find out. I also experimented with a variety of non-traditional fabrics to see if I liked them better for the muscle portion. And it has occurred to me that I might want to frame the whole thing in something that references bone. See what I mean - too complicated.

Here's something very complicated yet strikingly simple and wonderful. These are snippets from an hour long dance performance conceived by Adrien Mondot and Claire Bardainne in collaboration with hio-hop chorepgrapher Cie Kafig. The piece is entitled Pixel and it mixes digital projection mapping techniques with the movement of eleven dancers. Wouldn't you like to see the whole thing?


 
Pixel - extraits from Adrien M / Claire B on Vimeo.




Time = 2 hr, 29 min

No comments:

Post a Comment