Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Productive day

The day did not start well. Early on I ran out of yarn on my current knitting project. I turned my yarn supply upside down and then found the notes I had made when I placed my order for the project. I figured out that I had mixed up two colours so I have too much of one and not enough of another. I went on-line and ordered what I needed. I will tell the story of this project when it is complete but it is enough for now to say that I am struggling against the inclination to let it be a UFO.

That struggle turned my thoughts to other UFOs so I did a complete inventory today. I found two sweaters that just needed the ends woven in. That was done by 10:30 am and I am now waiting for them to dry after the wet blocking process. Pictures tomorrow.

I found four incomplete sweaters which no longer appeal to me. So I have ripped those back and will spend the next few weeks thinking about more suitable uses for the yarn.

I also picked up a sweater which just needs one and a half sleeves. It was something that I was doing along with a friend who was learning to knit. I remember why I stopped working on this one. I got to the point where I had to pick up stitches for the sleeves and knit down from the shoulder. I was using two long circular needles and they were driving me crazy. In addition, I was annoyed by having to turn the whole sweater in my lap several times each round. My friend didn't even get as far as the sleeves before she ran out of steam so I didn't have any incentive to keep working.

Today I put the sleeve stitches on one short circular needle and will only switch to two when absolutely necessary. I also wove in all the loose ends so they wouldn't catch on the working yarn. I will now finish up in a day or so. Beth - do you want to pick up yours again?


No comments:

Post a Comment